To see and experience new sights and sounds is an invaluable learning opportunity. The students will be taken on regular outings to enhance their world view, which includes:-
- Educational Trips – Visits to museums, monuments and civic facilities like post office, printing press etc.
- Picnics/Excursions – These are planned regularly to keep our children in touch with nature and to express the joie de vivre of childhood.
- Outstation Trips – To inculcate appreciation for the cultural and geographical richness and diversity of our country, outstation trips are organized for students from class IV onwards.
DPS Civil Lines always promotes its children to have exposure of various geographic features, culture and to study different climates, modes of occupation etc. by organizing the educational tours along with the process of class room learning.
- On 28 May, 2019 a group of DPS CL children and teachers left for the summer educational tour to Darjeeling and Gangtok.
- The experience of the diversity of weathers, languages, lifestyles and visits to Tea garden, Tsomgo, Rumtek Monastery, Tiger hills, Ghoom Monastery and Nm Nang point made the students' learning real and colorful and as a result enriched them fully through this experiential learning.
- The view of hills and Snow-clad Himalayan ranges, the sight of tea estates are captured in the cameras and looking too good to be real.
- It's time to return with undoubtedly a mesmerizing and memorable experience and unforgettable memories of sightseeing, shopping, having fun while traveling and mouth watering meals.
Exchange programmes are an effective way to build bridges of understanding among students of different countries. Twenty one students along with two teachers got an opportunity to visit “LyceeOzanam Lille and Lycee EPIL Lille, France” in the month of November 2019. The cultural exchange programme started on 27th November 2019. The students not only enjoyed but also brought back a lot of thoughtful learning.
Living within the homely setup, the Indian students experienced the French way of life and the French culture. They attended classes with their French partners. Indian delegates participated in all the activities like science, sports and social with great zeal and enthusiasm. The French famlies did their best to make the Indian students feel comfortable. Some students prepared Indian food with the help of their French partner and the family got a taste of Indian food.
The delegation team learnt that there was no servant system in France and everyone worked diligently, whether at home or office. The French people spent hours on the dining table and they loved to talk. Students noticed that French people followedthe left hand driving system whereas in India we follow the right hand driving system. Students also liked the no-uniform policy of the school. The delegation was told that talking about politics; religion is strictly prohibited in the school premises. The French people follow the traffic rules strictly and they don’t blow the horn until and unless it is an emergency. The cultural learning was enhanced by the excursion tour to BELGIUM. In all, the students got an opportunity to know and discover their true inner selves, the importance of team work, their very own hidden qualities while handling themselves without their parents and families . They got a chance to participate, perform and groom themselves on an international platform.
The sight of the Eiffel Tower, Panoramic Tour By bus, Nausicaa , Cap-Gris-Nez and Cap-Blanc- Nez and Disney land mesmerized the students. On 12th December, 2019 Indian delegates retuned to India with many emotional an unforgettable memories of France.